This vegan focaccia bread recipe is so easy and SO good it will leave you wondering how you EVER bought Focaccia bread from a store. You just might want to make 2 -- cuz when you eat it hot and right out of the pan, you might find yourself going back for 2nds and 3rds and 5ths....
Wrap this bread up nice and pretty and it would make FANTASTIC holiday gifts and housewarming/party gifts -- so special and EASY.
Freeze it for later and it will stand the test of time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to drizzle into the pan)
- 1 1/2 cups luke warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (for the dough)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 4 tablespoons Braggs Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Diaya Pepperjack Cheese (or cheddar)
- Italian Seasoning
- Lightly grease a Large: 9" x 13" pan square pan, or a round 10" W x 10" cake pan, and drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds (if you don't have a mixer, stir with wooden spoon and then kneed with hands until all dry ingredients are wet)
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
- Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
- Bake the bread until it's golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
(Soy Free, Vegan)
adapted from King Arthur Flour's Blitz Bread recipe